Read the case study of a retiree who was badly advised by the insurance agent to upgrade to a Private Shield plan. He went for treatment and chose a private ward, thinking that the Shield plan would cover the higher cost. After incurring $7,000 in medical bills, the claim was rejected as the insurance company said that he did not declare his diabetic condition. He was not aware that he was suffering from diabetes, and his doctor did not advised him to take medication.
If he had gone to B2, the bill for the survey (not connected to diabetes) would have been much lower and would be covered by basic Medishield.
Read the case study in www.tankinlian.com/ask.aspx (search for "rejected claim")
Advice: Do not upgrade to Private Shield when you are old. There will be medical conditions that you are not aware of, which will cause the claim to be rejected for non-disclosure.
Read my FAQ on "Medishield and Private Shield" to find out the difference in medical bills, government subsidy, coverage under the Shield plan and the co-payment that has to be paid by you..
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
10/10 - 10/17
- Third party motor insurance
- Time to buy a property?
- Drop in sale of private properties
- Taking a bus - SG Bus Timing
- Excessive charges
- Google Driverless Car
- Banks banned from selling credit insurance
- Gmail and multiple inboxes
- Currency linked investments - AVOID
- Ask Mr. Tan
- Huge profits of life insurance companies
- Half truths about Life Insurance (3)
- Preparing for the General Election
- Donate to philantrophy
- How to produce billionaires
- Client sues private banker
- General Election Issues
- Is insurance good or bad?
- FISCA Talk on Financial Planning
- Increase in premium for Private Shield
- Branding and Trust (2)
- Hong Kong Suspends Property From Residency Plan
- US housing crisis
- Easy to buy, hard to claim
- Singapore President
- GIC IPO - Global Logistics Property
- Reasonable charge for incidental service
- Information about shares
- Swimming Team at Commonwealth Games
- Too big to fail?
- The Sleep Test
- Shield claim - change of insurer
- HOTA vs HIPA
- Restructure the Global Economy - a comment
- Unaffordable housing
- Cruise ships and sampans
- Case study - to invest or wait?
- Globalization - benefits and harms
- Rebranding and trust
- Fake insurance policy
- Benefit illustration
- Rejected claim under Private Shield Plan
- ▼ 10/10 - 10/17 (42)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)