Agents use half truths to get their friends to buy a life insurance policy. Here are some of the half truths that they give.
For a long time, I thought that it was the agent who learned how to mislead their friends. After talking to many undergraduates, I now suspect that they (the undergraduate who sell the policies) were not aware about the truth of life insurance. They were taught to tell the half truths by their agency managers. They (the new agent) thought that they were giving good advice to their friends, but they did not realize that the actual truths was quite far away from what they were saying.
I hope that the new agents will read my book on financial planning or attend my talk. Then, they can decide if they still wish to sell the policies that take away so much money from their friend's future savings. If they do not wish to harm their friend's future, the agent should consider taking another occupation.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2013 (299)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
10/10 - 10/17
- Third party motor insurance
- Time to buy a property?
- Drop in sale of private properties
- Taking a bus - SG Bus Timing
- Excessive charges
- Google Driverless Car
- Banks banned from selling credit insurance
- Gmail and multiple inboxes
- Currency linked investments - AVOID
- Ask Mr. Tan
- Huge profits of life insurance companies
- Half truths about Life Insurance (3)
- Preparing for the General Election
- Donate to philantrophy
- How to produce billionaires
- Client sues private banker
- General Election Issues
- Is insurance good or bad?
- FISCA Talk on Financial Planning
- Increase in premium for Private Shield
- Branding and Trust (2)
- Hong Kong Suspends Property From Residency Plan
- US housing crisis
- Easy to buy, hard to claim
- Singapore President
- GIC IPO - Global Logistics Property
- Reasonable charge for incidental service
- Information about shares
- Swimming Team at Commonwealth Games
- Too big to fail?
- The Sleep Test
- Shield claim - change of insurer
- HOTA vs HIPA
- Restructure the Global Economy - a comment
- Unaffordable housing
- Cruise ships and sampans
- Case study - to invest or wait?
- Globalization - benefits and harms
- Rebranding and trust
- Fake insurance policy
- Benefit illustration
- Rejected claim under Private Shield Plan
- ▼ 10/10 - 10/17 (42)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)