Thursday, June 23, 2016

Dishonest practice by Sing Tel (2)

I complained about the low speed of my fibre broadband connection. I signed up for 100 Mbps but the speed test for Wifi showed only 10 Mbps to 15 Mbps.  Sing Tel finally sent a technician to my office.

He checked and said that the speed is now 40 to 50 Mbps, which is quite good for Wifi. The usual speed should be 20 to 30 Mbps.

I checked on my desktop and found that the speed had increased to 40 to 50 Mbps.

I told him that it showed only 10 to 15 Mbps yesterday. My colleague also reported the same low speed.

Technician - Most likely it was the problem with Sing Tel backend.

TKL - How does this affect the speed?

Technician - When you upgrade the speed, the backend profile might still be showing the old speed, or there could be some conflict. Perhaps they have rectified it now.

The technician is an ITE graduate. He knows his job and is honest.

Why can't Sing Tel approach this problem in an honest way? If the customer reports a low speed, and if the backend could be an issue, they should have given the correct information to the customer and fix the issue in a transparent way. Perhaps the staff at the help desk does not really know what he is doing. Perhaps, he is based in the Philippines (he spoke with that accent).

They make things more complicated by trying to deceive the customer, or by refusing to look at the root of the problem.


No comments:

Blog Archive