If annuity is so good, how much of it did you buy? Also, how much of regular-premium ILP did you buy? It'll be good to see an insurance expert walking the talk.
When I was younger, I bought regular premium policies to provide the insurance protection and accumulate some savings. I also bought insurance for my children. I must have more than 10 policies at one stage. I bought the policies from NTUC Income, as the sales charges are modest (and not excessive).
I now have many investment linked policies, invested in the combined fund and the money market fund. They are also with NTUC Income. They are mostly invested with single premiums.
I advise young people to buy a regular premium ILP plan from NTUC Income - as the sales charges are lower than similar plans from the market. You can also buy directly from their business center, and enjoy some incentive.
For those who are able to buy unit trusts directly through the internet, you can do so directly, and save on the adviser fee. But, you have to be careful about the fund that you invest in. Make sure that you are not hit with higher annual fees.
As I have more than sufficient savings, I do not need to participate in the pooling of longevity risks in a life annuity. My savings, which is in the combined fund, will last more than my remaining lifespan. So, I do not have any life annuity at this time. (But, I may change my mind at a later date).
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
07/08 - 07/15
- Insurance company should set a good example
- Private medical practice
- Difficult to find a good law minister?
- Singapore system - good, bad and ugly
- Cycling on pedestrain walks
- Fuel economy
- Adviser gave misleading information
- Consumer information - from Australia
- Reduce offer for Excess and Loss of Use
- Profession or business?
- CASE to start a blog?
- Renewal fee on credit cards
- Questionable marketing practice
- Tribute to Dr Goh Keng Swee
- Get good value products from an adviser
- Voiding of warranty on car
- Insurance as a mutual arrangement to pool risk
- Invest in a low cost fund
- Ballet Under The Stars
- Buy a low cost product
- Liquidate 50% of your investments
- Higher interest rate in the future?
- Generic drugs
- Different types of Fat (in food)
- High distribution cost
- Structured products in a bear market?
- Computing a claim on a hospital bill
- Guaranteed renewable health insurance
- Poor return on capital guaranteed products
- Give good value to customers
- Interest rate linked structured deposit
- Cars under warranty
- Front end charge for regular premium ILP
- How the world has changed in a decade!
- Increase in air fares
- Find the right motor insurance
- Avoid high front end charge
- High expense to treat a premature baby
- Cost of insurance
- Talks and Interviews
- Buy term and invest the difference
- Express your views fairly
- Life cycle Fund
- The Madness of Crowds
- Expense ratio on long term savings
- Structured Investments
- Buy from NTUC Income
- My approach towards insurance
- ▼ 07/08 - 07/15 (48)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)