A few visitors commented that insurance agents sell products that give them the highest commission. These products many not meet the needs of their clients.
When I was CEO of NTUC Income, I made sure that all the products are designed to meet the following:
* have modest loadings for commission
* offer good value to the customers
The insurance agents (advisers) from NTUC Income are able to recommend suitable products to their clients, with the knowledge that the products give good value and provide a reasonable level of earnings for their sales effort. They earn more, by increasing their sales productivity.
I am happy to recommend the insurance advisers and products from NTUC Income to the general public. I know that the consumers will get a good deal.
If you visit this website, you can compare the front-end load of the endowment and investment-linked products between NTUC Income and the other insurance companies.
A small number of consumers are savvy and can make their investments without the help of an adviser. They do not need to take my advice anyway. My tips are for the general consumers.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
07/08 - 07/15
- Insurance company should set a good example
- Private medical practice
- Difficult to find a good law minister?
- Singapore system - good, bad and ugly
- Cycling on pedestrain walks
- Fuel economy
- Adviser gave misleading information
- Consumer information - from Australia
- Reduce offer for Excess and Loss of Use
- Profession or business?
- CASE to start a blog?
- Renewal fee on credit cards
- Questionable marketing practice
- Tribute to Dr Goh Keng Swee
- Get good value products from an adviser
- Voiding of warranty on car
- Insurance as a mutual arrangement to pool risk
- Invest in a low cost fund
- Ballet Under The Stars
- Buy a low cost product
- Liquidate 50% of your investments
- Higher interest rate in the future?
- Generic drugs
- Different types of Fat (in food)
- High distribution cost
- Structured products in a bear market?
- Computing a claim on a hospital bill
- Guaranteed renewable health insurance
- Poor return on capital guaranteed products
- Give good value to customers
- Interest rate linked structured deposit
- Cars under warranty
- Front end charge for regular premium ILP
- How the world has changed in a decade!
- Increase in air fares
- Find the right motor insurance
- Avoid high front end charge
- High expense to treat a premature baby
- Cost of insurance
- Talks and Interviews
- Buy term and invest the difference
- Express your views fairly
- Life cycle Fund
- The Madness of Crowds
- Expense ratio on long term savings
- Structured Investments
- Buy from NTUC Income
- My approach towards insurance
- ▼ 07/08 - 07/15 (48)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)