COMMENTS POSTED IN MY BLOG:
Take the advice of Mr. Tan by recommending term plans and invest the rest. This is the way to ensure your clients are adequately covered.
Whole life plan deprives your client of adequate protection.This is what is happening in Singapore. Many deceaseds" family are in financial difficulties because their bread winners didn't leave enough. They left their money with insurance agents.Check with the single parent society and they will you the stories.
The insurance agents have a role to play but their interest often comes first. They are greedy, incompetent, dishonest and unethical; this results in many not properly and adequately covered.
That is why AXA, the world's largest insurer, decided to sell ONLY term plans and investment products. That is their belief that it is the only way to address under coverage and also to remove the conflict of interest.
"Buy term and invest the difference" is suitable for the well educated and financially savvy.
For those who are not so familiar with investments, a low cost traditional product may also be suitable. They will benefit from a low cost product, rather than a high cost product.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
07/08 - 07/15
- Insurance company should set a good example
- Private medical practice
- Difficult to find a good law minister?
- Singapore system - good, bad and ugly
- Cycling on pedestrain walks
- Fuel economy
- Adviser gave misleading information
- Consumer information - from Australia
- Reduce offer for Excess and Loss of Use
- Profession or business?
- CASE to start a blog?
- Renewal fee on credit cards
- Questionable marketing practice
- Tribute to Dr Goh Keng Swee
- Get good value products from an adviser
- Voiding of warranty on car
- Insurance as a mutual arrangement to pool risk
- Invest in a low cost fund
- Ballet Under The Stars
- Buy a low cost product
- Liquidate 50% of your investments
- Higher interest rate in the future?
- Generic drugs
- Different types of Fat (in food)
- High distribution cost
- Structured products in a bear market?
- Computing a claim on a hospital bill
- Guaranteed renewable health insurance
- Poor return on capital guaranteed products
- Give good value to customers
- Interest rate linked structured deposit
- Cars under warranty
- Front end charge for regular premium ILP
- How the world has changed in a decade!
- Increase in air fares
- Find the right motor insurance
- Avoid high front end charge
- High expense to treat a premature baby
- Cost of insurance
- Talks and Interviews
- Buy term and invest the difference
- Express your views fairly
- Life cycle Fund
- The Madness of Crowds
- Expense ratio on long term savings
- Structured Investments
- Buy from NTUC Income
- My approach towards insurance
- ▼ 07/08 - 07/15 (48)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)