DBS Bank has a good webpage. It shows the structured investments marketed by them over the past years, and are still current. You can find out quite easily the current indicative price of these investments.
The structured investments are listed under the following categories:
Credit linked notes - 5 tranches
Currency linked deposits - 4 tranches
Equity linked deposits - 19 tranches
Index linked deposits - 47 tranches
Interest rate deposits - 76 tranches
Total: 141 tranches
Based on the prices posted in this website, it seems that most of the investments are below par, ie less than 100% in prices. In the worst case, the drop is more than 30%, if the investor cash out now.
There are just a few tranches under "indexed linked deposits" which show an apprecation of up to 24% for the period (about 4 years) that the investments were held. The annual return is about 5-6%.
It seems that most of the structured products performed poorly, and gave a poor return.
- ► 2013 (302)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
07/08 - 07/15
- Insurance company should set a good example
- Private medical practice
- Difficult to find a good law minister?
- Singapore system - good, bad and ugly
- Cycling on pedestrain walks
- Fuel economy
- Adviser gave misleading information
- Consumer information - from Australia
- Reduce offer for Excess and Loss of Use
- Profession or business?
- CASE to start a blog?
- Renewal fee on credit cards
- Questionable marketing practice
- Tribute to Dr Goh Keng Swee
- Get good value products from an adviser
- Voiding of warranty on car
- Insurance as a mutual arrangement to pool risk
- Invest in a low cost fund
- Ballet Under The Stars
- Buy a low cost product
- Liquidate 50% of your investments
- Higher interest rate in the future?
- Generic drugs
- Different types of Fat (in food)
- High distribution cost
- Structured products in a bear market?
- Computing a claim on a hospital bill
- Guaranteed renewable health insurance
- Poor return on capital guaranteed products
- Give good value to customers
- Interest rate linked structured deposit
- Cars under warranty
- Front end charge for regular premium ILP
- How the world has changed in a decade!
- Increase in air fares
- Find the right motor insurance
- Avoid high front end charge
- High expense to treat a premature baby
- Cost of insurance
- Talks and Interviews
- Buy term and invest the difference
- Express your views fairly
- Life cycle Fund
- The Madness of Crowds
- Expense ratio on long term savings
- Structured Investments
- Buy from NTUC Income
- My approach towards insurance
- ▼ 07/08 - 07/15 (48)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)