THIS WAS FIRST POSTED SIX MONTHS AGO. AS THERE ARE LETTERS IN THE NEWSPAPER ABOUT THE CONTRIBUTION OF DR GOH KENG SEE, I AM RE-POSTING THIS BLOG.
I wish to pay tribute to one great man, whose vision led to the formation of NTUC Income. He is Dr Goh Keng Swee, finance minister of Singapore in 1970.
After NTUC Income was formed, he served as chairman of the board of trustees for 10 years and provided the strategic direction that led to our success. I met Dr Goh when I joined NTUC Income in 1977 and worked under him for two years.
Dr Goh also served in various capacities in the government, including education minister, defence minister and deputy prime minister. He retired from government service about 15 years ago.
Dr Goh is now over 90 years old. He has not been well for some time. I wish to say a big "thank you" to Dr Goh, on behalf of nearly two million policyholders and their families.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
07/08 - 07/15
- Insurance company should set a good example
- Private medical practice
- Difficult to find a good law minister?
- Singapore system - good, bad and ugly
- Cycling on pedestrain walks
- Fuel economy
- Adviser gave misleading information
- Consumer information - from Australia
- Reduce offer for Excess and Loss of Use
- Profession or business?
- CASE to start a blog?
- Renewal fee on credit cards
- Questionable marketing practice
- Tribute to Dr Goh Keng Swee
- Get good value products from an adviser
- Voiding of warranty on car
- Insurance as a mutual arrangement to pool risk
- Invest in a low cost fund
- Ballet Under The Stars
- Buy a low cost product
- Liquidate 50% of your investments
- Higher interest rate in the future?
- Generic drugs
- Different types of Fat (in food)
- High distribution cost
- Structured products in a bear market?
- Computing a claim on a hospital bill
- Guaranteed renewable health insurance
- Poor return on capital guaranteed products
- Give good value to customers
- Interest rate linked structured deposit
- Cars under warranty
- Front end charge for regular premium ILP
- How the world has changed in a decade!
- Increase in air fares
- Find the right motor insurance
- Avoid high front end charge
- High expense to treat a premature baby
- Cost of insurance
- Talks and Interviews
- Buy term and invest the difference
- Express your views fairly
- Life cycle Fund
- The Madness of Crowds
- Expense ratio on long term savings
- Structured Investments
- Buy from NTUC Income
- My approach towards insurance
- ▼ 07/08 - 07/15 (48)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)