There is a report in the newspaper today about the foreman who died during the collapse of Nicoll Highway. The widow had to sue the employer, who agreed to pay $410,000. The incident occurred 3 years ago.
Victims of traffic accidents face a similar problem in Singapore. They have to engage a lawyer to claim compensation for the injury. This can take a few years, and result in high legal cost, which can take away about one third of the award.
In some countries, there is a faster way to assess compensation for injuries and death.
It is based on a no-fault system and awards compensation based on the actual expenses and loss of earnings. It applies to accidents at the workplace and on the road.
The award is given quite quickly and the amount is generally fair.
It is useful to have a similar system in Singapore. Actually, the workman compensation system in Singapore is based on this approach. We can extend its operations to cover a larger scope and also to pay higher compensation.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
09/30 - 10/07
- Eldershield Valueplus
- Look after the interest of others
- Keep your money in the CPF Special Account
- How to decide on the Eldershield offer
- Insurance takes care of your worry
- $5 million cover under a Shield plan
- Mother not eligble for medical insurance
- Use Google Search
- Increase in bonus rates
- Visit other countries
- Taking the MRT for a gala dinner
- Do you really need the insurance?
- Insurance agents - the bad and the good
- Life annuity and the poor
- Presenting views in "words"
- Investing in Foreign Currency Deposit
- Insurance agents
- Real estate agents
- Compensation for injury
- Monthly income benefit
- Single premium endowment invested in CDOs
- Private settlement for motor accident
- Advice on buying insurance
- Life annuity with no refund
- Tips on investing $60,000
- Tips on investing SGD 1 million
- Actuarial Education
- Avoid "quick return" investments
- Courteous drivers in Brussels
- ▼ 09/30 - 10/07 (30)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)