Dear Mr Tan
I helped out in a polling for the Lift Upgrading of my block. The Member of Parliament urged residents to cast in their "YES" votes.
Sadly, one resident committee member went round to urge the residents not to do so. He wanted HDB to guarantee that they will make good any damages caused by the upgrading. HDB agreed to try their best, but is not able to match his full demand. Upgrading work involves thousands of residents. How could HDB meet everybody's need?
I have respected him as a RC committee member all these years. I have now changed my view on him.
I think that the resident committee member should put the interest of the residents above his personal interest.
- ► 2013 (305)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
09/30 - 10/07
- Eldershield Valueplus
- Look after the interest of others
- Keep your money in the CPF Special Account
- How to decide on the Eldershield offer
- Insurance takes care of your worry
- $5 million cover under a Shield plan
- Mother not eligble for medical insurance
- Use Google Search
- Increase in bonus rates
- Visit other countries
- Taking the MRT for a gala dinner
- Do you really need the insurance?
- Insurance agents - the bad and the good
- Life annuity and the poor
- Presenting views in "words"
- Investing in Foreign Currency Deposit
- Insurance agents
- Real estate agents
- Compensation for injury
- Monthly income benefit
- Single premium endowment invested in CDOs
- Private settlement for motor accident
- Advice on buying insurance
- Life annuity with no refund
- Tips on investing $60,000
- Tips on investing SGD 1 million
- Actuarial Education
- Avoid "quick return" investments
- Courteous drivers in Brussels
- ▼ 09/30 - 10/07 (30)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)