Hi Mr Tan
I recently discovered that my mother is not covered under any Shield plan. I have difficulty having her insured as she had a medical condition, but has recovered from it. The insurance company rejected her application.
Do you think I should go for another test to prove that she has fully recovered?
She is 63 years old, well and active. I am concerned that she is aging. Should she be hospitalised, we are not sure if we can cope with it.
See if you can get your mother insured, with the exclusion of the specific medical condition. She can still be covered for other illness.
If this is not possible, do not worry. Many older folks are not covered under a Shield plan. If they go to hospital, they can stay in a B2 ward, which is not costly. B2 is suitable for old folks. The bill can be paid under Medisave.
I hope that your mother does not need to be hospitalised.
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
09/30 - 10/07
- Eldershield Valueplus
- Look after the interest of others
- Keep your money in the CPF Special Account
- How to decide on the Eldershield offer
- Insurance takes care of your worry
- $5 million cover under a Shield plan
- Mother not eligble for medical insurance
- Use Google Search
- Increase in bonus rates
- Visit other countries
- Taking the MRT for a gala dinner
- Do you really need the insurance?
- Insurance agents - the bad and the good
- Life annuity and the poor
- Presenting views in "words"
- Investing in Foreign Currency Deposit
- Insurance agents
- Real estate agents
- Compensation for injury
- Monthly income benefit
- Single premium endowment invested in CDOs
- Private settlement for motor accident
- Advice on buying insurance
- Life annuity with no refund
- Tips on investing $60,000
- Tips on investing SGD 1 million
- Actuarial Education
- Avoid "quick return" investments
- Courteous drivers in Brussels
- ▼ 09/30 - 10/07 (30)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)