Dear Mr Tan,
I like to get your advice on this investment product: a single premium investment linked plan with annual payout of up to 4% over a 5 year term and return of 100% of the principal invested at maturity. Also get additional life insurance coverage of up to 110% of the amount of investment.
It invests into a Collateralised Debt Obligation (CDO) tranche of corporate credits with credit rating of AA by S&P's. Min. single premium of $5K.
Are you sure that the return on maturity is guaranteed? Who provides the guarantee?
Usually, when the issuer states that the money is invested in a certain class of assets, there is a statement that, in the event of default of the assets, the investor has to suffer a loss. You should check this point carefully.
Collateralised debt obligation are a risky class of asset now, even if they are rated as AA. Some of these assets have depreciated in value.
- ► 2020 (752)
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
09/30 - 10/07
- Eldershield Valueplus
- Look after the interest of others
- Keep your money in the CPF Special Account
- How to decide on the Eldershield offer
- Insurance takes care of your worry
- $5 million cover under a Shield plan
- Mother not eligble for medical insurance
- Use Google Search
- Increase in bonus rates
- Visit other countries
- Taking the MRT for a gala dinner
- Do you really need the insurance?
- Insurance agents - the bad and the good
- Life annuity and the poor
- Presenting views in "words"
- Investing in Foreign Currency Deposit
- Insurance agents
- Real estate agents
- Compensation for injury
- Monthly income benefit
- Single premium endowment invested in CDOs
- Private settlement for motor accident
- Advice on buying insurance
- Life annuity with no refund
- Tips on investing $60,000
- Tips on investing SGD 1 million
- Actuarial Education
- Avoid "quick return" investments
- Courteous drivers in Brussels
- ▼ 09/30 - 10/07 (30)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)