Hi mr tan,
I had bought a life policy for my baby in 2006 which has a protection value at $100k.
Cash value guaranteed @ 65 yrs = $70000
Non guaranteed @65 yrs = $ 231642
I compared with this year 2007 quotation which has the same protection value of $100k and same cash guaranteed @ $70000 BUT...
Non guaranteed @65 yrs = $ 311399
Difference $311399-$231642= $79757
For 1 year there is about $80k difference in the non-guaranteed portion which i think that is a very big amount. I also understand that it is NON-Guaranteed.
My agent explained to me that this is a marketing gimmick, is that true? So the value of non-guaranteed portion is dervied based on what conditions?
How closely is the non-guaranteed portion being matched? My main concern is at the end of the 65 years, will i be able to collecting less payout than compared to buying 1 year later ?
NTUC Income increased its bonus rates in 2007. Based on the higher bonus rates, the projected maturity value at 65 has increased significantly.
Here is the good news. The higher bonus rate is also given to policies issued in the past. The policy that you took in 2006 will enjoy the higher bonus rate as well. It is likely that the projected maturity value will increase to match what is shown in the 2007 policy.
- ► 2020 (783)
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
09/30 - 10/07
- Eldershield Valueplus
- Look after the interest of others
- Keep your money in the CPF Special Account
- How to decide on the Eldershield offer
- Insurance takes care of your worry
- $5 million cover under a Shield plan
- Mother not eligble for medical insurance
- Use Google Search
- Increase in bonus rates
- Visit other countries
- Taking the MRT for a gala dinner
- Do you really need the insurance?
- Insurance agents - the bad and the good
- Life annuity and the poor
- Presenting views in "words"
- Investing in Foreign Currency Deposit
- Insurance agents
- Real estate agents
- Compensation for injury
- Monthly income benefit
- Single premium endowment invested in CDOs
- Private settlement for motor accident
- Advice on buying insurance
- Life annuity with no refund
- Tips on investing $60,000
- Tips on investing SGD 1 million
- Actuarial Education
- Avoid "quick return" investments
- Courteous drivers in Brussels
- ▼ 09/30 - 10/07 (30)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)