Hi Mr Tan,
Just dropping you a note to tell you that I have been touched by your efforts so far, although I have not been a victim of the minibond mess. I felt it is really important that you see this through.
1) Your words and action carry more weight than mere civic citizens/anon bloggers like us - I think you have lived by your conscience quite unlike most of the establishment.
2) None of our MPs had actually spoken out in support of the people who lost their retirement savings - when most people believe that there are predatory selling and mis-representation on part of the banks RMs.
3) MAS, like most govt agencies, have actually distanced themselves and tried to outsource the work to a "independent 3rd party".
I hope my little note can provide you some encouragement to continue your good work for ordinary citizens like us.
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
10/19 - 10/26
- HK Monetary Authority refers 40 more 'mini-bonds' ...
- Speech at Speaker’s Corner – 25 Oct 2008
- SCMP: Angry investors protest
- Speaker's Corner - 25 October 2008
- A serious recession in the months ahead
- Call for Public Inquiry - some views
- No compensation from ABN AMRO
- Just One Year
- Investors want open forum with DBS
- Hong Kong: Legco raps shortcomings in minibonds mo...
- Global financial crisis is getting out of control
- Treat all investors fairly
- Response to: DBS begins process to compensate cust...
- Reputation as financial services hub
- High risk, absymal return
- Impact of Lehman Brothers on different types of se...
- Demand for Compensation
- A fair compensation
- Distributor should be responsible
- Hong Kong: Minibond investors demand full refund
- New swap counterparty
- Avoid land banking
- Requests for media interviews
- Draft: Letter to request for Open Forum
- Inteview with journalist (4)
- DBS Bank, Hong Leong Finance and Maybank to give c...
- Marketed to Asians
- A good settlement?
- Did the financial institution carry out any risk a...
- Understanding the technical terms
- Collective letter to distributor
- Collective legal action - request for proposals
- MAS push responsibility to Financial Institution
- Where does the BUCK STOP?
- Lawyer: No obligation, no fee consultation
- SCMP: Investors hit by Lehman collapse get papers ...
- Volunteers to write statements of complaints
- Post in my blog without Google account
- Block comments
- Response to Mr. Lim Hng Kiang and MAS
- Independent financial advisers are not able to com...
- Investors should not be compensated
- Do you hear the people sing
- Exploitation of the consumer
- Views from an ex-private banker
- MAS reply to Parliamentary Questions on Credit Lin...
- Interview at Bloomberg TV
- Continue your good work for ordinary citizens
- HKMA refers Lehman-Brothers-related cases to the S...
- Positive or negative?
- Petition #3 (To Mrs Lim Hwee Hua)
- Fraudalent misrepresentation and clear mis-selling...
- Be careful of your relationship manager
- Tips from an ex-financial adviser
- Be truthful, not fearful
- Petition #3 - Fair and equal compensation to all b...
- Onus of proof
- Volunteers to write statement of claim
- Jubilee Notes
- Speaker's Corner - Credit linked securities
- Suing for defamatory remarks
- Call to MAS - investigate mass cheating
- New list of investors sorted by distributor
- Conscience, integrity and trust - a leader's hallm...
- General advice to investors of structured products...
- Interview with Sunday Times
- Ask for a full refund now
- Do not succumb to greed
- Ask MAS for advice to sort out this type of proble...
- Not an isolated case
- Lehman Structured notes on Wheat and Milk
- ▼ 10/19 - 10/26 (71)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)