I wish to look for volunteers to help the investors write their statement of claim. There are a few thousand statements to be written. Some may see a lawyer, but the lawyers may not be able to cope with the volume of requests.
The statement will be based on the questions contained in section 1 of this paper:
If you volunteer, please send your particulars (i.e. name, e-mail address, telephone number, and postal code, language) to email@example.com. I will put your particulars for the investors to contact you. I will also arrange a briefing to the volunteers on how to write the statement.
Please come forward to help.
Here are the volunteers
Soh Poh Huat, firstname.lastname@example.org, 96826130, PD 520341, English, Hokkien
Rachel Chung, email@example.com, 9846 6598
Yong Shan Chie, firstname.lastname@example.org, 96931951, PD 128712
APPROACH YOUR MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT
A few people have suggested that y ou can approach your MP and ask for his or her help to prepare your statement. You can follow the guidelines to make sure that the relevant points are covered.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
10/19 - 10/26
- HK Monetary Authority refers 40 more 'mini-bonds' ...
- Speech at Speaker’s Corner – 25 Oct 2008
- SCMP: Angry investors protest
- Speaker's Corner - 25 October 2008
- A serious recession in the months ahead
- Call for Public Inquiry - some views
- No compensation from ABN AMRO
- Just One Year
- Investors want open forum with DBS
- Hong Kong: Legco raps shortcomings in minibonds mo...
- Global financial crisis is getting out of control
- Treat all investors fairly
- Response to: DBS begins process to compensate cust...
- Reputation as financial services hub
- High risk, absymal return
- Impact of Lehman Brothers on different types of se...
- Demand for Compensation
- A fair compensation
- Distributor should be responsible
- Hong Kong: Minibond investors demand full refund
- New swap counterparty
- Avoid land banking
- Requests for media interviews
- Draft: Letter to request for Open Forum
- Inteview with journalist (4)
- DBS Bank, Hong Leong Finance and Maybank to give c...
- Marketed to Asians
- A good settlement?
- Did the financial institution carry out any risk a...
- Understanding the technical terms
- Collective letter to distributor
- Collective legal action - request for proposals
- MAS push responsibility to Financial Institution
- Where does the BUCK STOP?
- Lawyer: No obligation, no fee consultation
- SCMP: Investors hit by Lehman collapse get papers ...
- Volunteers to write statements of complaints
- Post in my blog without Google account
- Block comments
- Response to Mr. Lim Hng Kiang and MAS
- Independent financial advisers are not able to com...
- Investors should not be compensated
- Do you hear the people sing
- Exploitation of the consumer
- Views from an ex-private banker
- MAS reply to Parliamentary Questions on Credit Lin...
- Interview at Bloomberg TV
- Continue your good work for ordinary citizens
- HKMA refers Lehman-Brothers-related cases to the S...
- Positive or negative?
- Petition #3 (To Mrs Lim Hwee Hua)
- Fraudalent misrepresentation and clear mis-selling...
- Be careful of your relationship manager
- Tips from an ex-financial adviser
- Be truthful, not fearful
- Petition #3 - Fair and equal compensation to all b...
- Onus of proof
- Volunteers to write statement of claim
- Jubilee Notes
- Speaker's Corner - Credit linked securities
- Suing for defamatory remarks
- Call to MAS - investigate mass cheating
- New list of investors sorted by distributor
- Conscience, integrity and trust - a leader's hallm...
- General advice to investors of structured products...
- Interview with Sunday Times
- Ask for a full refund now
- Do not succumb to greed
- Ask MAS for advice to sort out this type of proble...
- Not an isolated case
- Lehman Structured notes on Wheat and Milk
- ▼ 10/19 - 10/26 (71)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)