By Francis Chan
INVESTORS of DBS High Notes 5 went to the bank's Shenton Way headquarters yesterday to ask that an open forum be held for customers caught up in the debacle.
DBS said last night it was considering the request.
An investor, who wanted to stay anonymous, said she and two others gave a letter to DBS' consumer banking group head, Mr Rajan Raju, during the afternoon visit.
She said the letter contained signatures of 166 High Notes 5 investors identifying themselves as 'DBS's valued customers who have placed explicit trust in you and your organisation'.
The letter asked the bank's top brass to 'provide investors with a detailed statement of account for each series of the High Notes, from the inception until the latest available date' and to produce 'a valuation of each series of the notes at the latest available date'.
The group also asked the bank to organise a meeting with investors to help clarify various issues.
The letter, which was copied to the Monetary Authority of Singapore, also stated that the investors wanted Mr Gerard Ee to attend the meeting.
Mr Ee is the independent person appointed by DBS to oversee the bank's handling of complaints related to the sale of High Notes 5.
Over the last month, DBS has been accused of mis-selling the structured product, which went bad after the collapse of bankrupt US investment bank, Lehman Brothers.
But despite bearing the brunt of its customers' anger over the past month, the bank has been open to meeting investors.
'I must say that the senior management were very positive when they met us,' said the investor who handed over the letter.
'They even asked us if it would be better to hold a few meetings so that they could cater to more investors. I think that is a good sign.'
DBS officials met a small group of investors at its headquarters last Wednesday.
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
10/19 - 10/26
- HK Monetary Authority refers 40 more 'mini-bonds' ...
- Speech at Speaker’s Corner – 25 Oct 2008
- SCMP: Angry investors protest
- Speaker's Corner - 25 October 2008
- A serious recession in the months ahead
- Call for Public Inquiry - some views
- No compensation from ABN AMRO
- Just One Year
- Investors want open forum with DBS
- Hong Kong: Legco raps shortcomings in minibonds mo...
- Global financial crisis is getting out of control
- Treat all investors fairly
- Response to: DBS begins process to compensate cust...
- Reputation as financial services hub
- High risk, absymal return
- Impact of Lehman Brothers on different types of se...
- Demand for Compensation
- A fair compensation
- Distributor should be responsible
- Hong Kong: Minibond investors demand full refund
- New swap counterparty
- Avoid land banking
- Requests for media interviews
- Draft: Letter to request for Open Forum
- Inteview with journalist (4)
- DBS Bank, Hong Leong Finance and Maybank to give c...
- Marketed to Asians
- A good settlement?
- Did the financial institution carry out any risk a...
- Understanding the technical terms
- Collective letter to distributor
- Collective legal action - request for proposals
- MAS push responsibility to Financial Institution
- Where does the BUCK STOP?
- Lawyer: No obligation, no fee consultation
- SCMP: Investors hit by Lehman collapse get papers ...
- Volunteers to write statements of complaints
- Post in my blog without Google account
- Block comments
- Response to Mr. Lim Hng Kiang and MAS
- Independent financial advisers are not able to com...
- Investors should not be compensated
- Do you hear the people sing
- Exploitation of the consumer
- Views from an ex-private banker
- MAS reply to Parliamentary Questions on Credit Lin...
- Interview at Bloomberg TV
- Continue your good work for ordinary citizens
- HKMA refers Lehman-Brothers-related cases to the S...
- Positive or negative?
- Petition #3 (To Mrs Lim Hwee Hua)
- Fraudalent misrepresentation and clear mis-selling...
- Be careful of your relationship manager
- Tips from an ex-financial adviser
- Be truthful, not fearful
- Petition #3 - Fair and equal compensation to all b...
- Onus of proof
- Volunteers to write statement of claim
- Jubilee Notes
- Speaker's Corner - Credit linked securities
- Suing for defamatory remarks
- Call to MAS - investigate mass cheating
- New list of investors sorted by distributor
- Conscience, integrity and trust - a leader's hallm...
- General advice to investors of structured products...
- Interview with Sunday Times
- Ask for a full refund now
- Do not succumb to greed
- Ask MAS for advice to sort out this type of proble...
- Not an isolated case
- Lehman Structured notes on Wheat and Milk
- ▼ 10/19 - 10/26 (71)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)