Friday, October 23, 2009

Rechargeable Torchlight with Locator Lamp

My friend saw this torchlight being sold at the airport for $27.50 (inclusive of GST).

It has two important features:
a) rechargeable
b) a locator light to locate the torchlight in the dark
With a torchlight, it is easy to move about the flat or house in the dark - without switching on the main lights. This will be handly in an emergency or power failure.
I have imported a torchlight with these two features and will be selling it for $6.50. Interested buyers can buy them from my office in Ang Mo Kio. This is specially useful for NS men or civil defence personnel.
I will be looking for distributors who are interested to sell the low cost torchlight. Send email to kinlian@gmail.com.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean go to your office to buy it?

Tan Kin Lian said...

Yes. I do not have it on sale yet at other outlets.

Tan Kin Lian said...

A friend told me that the price of $6.50 is too cheap. He will be willing to pay $9.90 for a rechargeable torchlight.

Anonymous said...

Hi

Are you saying you are parallel importing the same torch or just something similar?

Some questions:
1. What is the battery power?

2. Does it use LED bulbs, how many?

3. What is the lighting time (continous use) at one full charge?

4. How long does it take to charge the torch?

5. Is it made in China?

Thank you.


Regards

An Insurance agent

Anonymous said...

Now I get an idea of how retailers make money. Import in bulk at a low cost and mark up several times for sale.

Of course provided there is sale and also not "killed" by overheads like rentals, staff costs, etc.

That's how to get rich, if there is a good sale. And a thousand and one things one can think of to sell.

Tan Kin Lian said...

I imported the torchlight of another brand (i.e. not Everready) from China. It has 4 LED bulbs.

I was able to use the torchlight (without indicator light) for 1 month on one charge, but the usage is low and only at night. With the indicator light turned on, it may last a week (my guess) on one charge.

I found it more convenient to use a torchlight to move round the house at night, rather than switch on the main lights in the various rooms. It should help to cut down the electricity consumption and save on the power bill.

Falcon said...

6.50 is indeed cheap, by Singapore standards. For those who still want something cheaper, there is a $2 version without the nightlight but still rechargeable by hand by squeezing it a few times when you want light. That price is found in China but I saw a similar one in Singapore Carrefour at about $4.

Tan Kin Lian said...

I wish to add that I thought of adding a locator lamp based on my personal experience and arranged to have it manufactured.

Later, I told my friend about this idea, and he happened to see a similar product sold at the shop at the airport. He then sent it to me.

Blog Archive