Sunday, October 18, 2009

Difference of views

Mr. Tan,
You seem to block opinion that differs from yours. Don't you allow other people to post their differing views

REPLY
I have to block comments that are potentially defamatory. I suspect that some people may get their own people to put ananymous comments to attack themselves, and then get a lawyer to give me trouble. This is dishonest, but is possible.

There are comments that attack my views. If you wish your comments to be accepted, you have to show respect for my views and be courteous. Do not be abusive or arrogant.

Some people post views for the sake of debating. This causes confusion and is not helpful. My blog is intended to educate people, and is not intended to be a place for academic debate.

Some people want to argue the perceived advantages of their products. Please go to your own company's website to do your marketing.

Finally, those who dislike my views are not required to visit this blog. Goodbye.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr Tan,

In the opinion of others, some of your views may be a bit idealistic and simplistic and not implementable.

Hence if you invite comments, people will naturally tend to debate on it, some with seriousness, others for fun and even sarcasm.

Most bloggers will take these in their stride, with some even allowing it to be published before moderation. Others do not even allow comments to save them the trouble.

Anonymous said...

I beleive that if you are not rude or disrespectful, Mr Tan will more often than not allow your comments/opinion.

I normally find most blogs are just outright confrontational and "abusive"... there is no rationality in the comments.

Anonymous said...

I have had a few comments rejected presumably because I mentioned a company name.

I always feel its the right of the blog owner to block or allow whatever content they want.

If you dont like it you should run your own blog and write what you want to see there:-)

Anonymous said...

mr tan, m jbeji, anyway, i enjoy reading ur blog, both educational and intellectual..keep it up and yes, well said indeed, is your blog and u have the rights of keeping it clear of 'polictic' afterall, we are 'invited' guest of ur blog and if others don't seems fit...then go somewhere else..please keep ur blog 'updated' and i enjoy seeing what 'Singaporean' really is like...thank you.

Ghim Moh Resident said...

Hi, I do support what you have done. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

reading and learning...no f pls.

Blog Archive