Many customers find it difficult to access the call centers of large organisations, such as banks, telephone companies and government departments. They have to wait a long time for the call to be answered, and had to go through a maze of automated messages.
Here are some practical tips to improve the situation:
a) Have different telephone numbers for different languages. There is no need to ask someone to indicate the language, as it is identified by the specific number.
b) The first question for the automated message should be "press 1 to talk to a person or 2 to go through the automated system".
c) The next question should be optional "Enter your account number if available, press 0 to bypass".
With this simple change, the customer experience would be improved tremendously, without any additional workload for your call center.
Here is another tip, Train your call center staff to identify the routine inquiries (which they can handle) and the specialized inquiries (which they cannot). For the specialized inquiries, get the name and contact number of the customer and get the specialized staff to call back. Most people have mobile phones and would be happy to receive the return call.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2013 (303)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
01/31 - 02/07
- Tricks by property agents
- 15% discount at Internet Shop
- Seek compensation for losses on the credit linked ...
- Residual values of credit linked notes
- Strategy to pick the right stocks - low PE and hig...
- Fighting rejected health claims
- Practice to pick the right stocks
- Palindrome - the Lost Generation
- Medan is a nice city with nice people
- Rechargeable torchlight - 15% discount
- Seminar on class action
- Immoral profit
- A positive approach towards taxation
- GST is a costly exercise
- Need for a minimum wage policy
- High Notes 5
- Financial institution benefited from the settlemen...
- Pinnacle and Jubilee Notes
- Voting in general elections - survey results
- Voting in the general election
- Overcharging by lawyer
- The Growing Underclass - Jobs Gone Forever
- Improve productivity in Singapore
- Rechargeable lamp (with locator) - delivery $1
- Calculate the rate of interest
- Minibond Payout
- Class action in America
- Two casinos
- Interest payable on loans
- FISCA - Member's benefits
- Good response for Financial Planning book
- Practical suggestions to improve a call center
- Practical ideas to improve a corporate website
- Social services and taxation
- Order for Financial Planning book
- Help the singles with affordable housing
- Crackdown on Tax Avoidance
- What the General Election is about
- Filing my first GST return
- ST Online Forum: Hit hard by insurance policy term...
- Car loan for 60 months
- Adopt a consistent approach
- Foreign currency payments on credit cards
- Football on Pay TV
- Bubble in commodity funds
- Lessons from Canada about banking
- Pricing of HDB flats and subsidy
- Political risks in Asia
- Personal savings
- Cash loan - 16% effective rate
- Creating productive employment
- GST - who benefits and who loses?
- GST is wasteful
- Character building
- Improve your negotiating power
- Practical Guide on Financial Planning - book avail...
- Pressure to develop the financial market
- Low cost housing - a model for economic developmen...
- Universal coverage for health care
- Small country can find its niche
- ▼ 01/31 - 02/07 (62)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)