Thursday, May 20, 2010

Calling NTUC Income

Here is my experience in calling NTUC Income during a busy period. There was no pressing of button and irrelevant messages, so there is no hassle for the customer. I am told that I have to wait 3 minutes for my call to be attended. This is better than being put on hold for an unspecified period.  They also provide an option for the call center to call back the customer, which is a good feature.

I decided not to wait and to call back later, when the call center is free.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They employ foreigners, probably from the Phillipines, and the accent is different, and found myself as if talking in a language that is not English.
In the end I just hung up - it is impossible to communicate at all.

Anonymous said...

Mr.Tan,

This is not new in NTUC Income.
It happened many years ago.
Many of my friends also complained to me about the services.
Well,there are so many choices available in the Insurance Industry.We can always switch or choose an alternative insurance company to service us.Let them be what they are and see the results in the years to come.

Growth1996

Anonymous said...

I think holding on to the call for 3 minutes is OK if someone comes on line after that.

My experience about a fortnight ago was, instead of having soothing music during the wait, it continuously blast advertisement about SAIL or AIM, etc... which put the caller on "attention" in case the Customer service answers.

Guessed what, after the advertisements, the message for the waiting time was repeated to another "3 minutes and something ..seconds" which means that the total waiting time was lengthened.

Fortunately for this experience, the case in question was resolved.

The reason for making this call was due to the customer service not answering email inquiry more than once.

Blog Archive