I had a difficult time to find a contractor to renovate my industrial premise. Most of them quoted over $70,000 to renovate and furnish a premise of 1,600 s.f, of which only 1,300 sf need to be furnished.
I finally decided to scale down the work and managed to appoint a contractor at a more affordable cost. It still cost a lot of money, including the fee of $3,500 payable for "fire safety". I sent my feedback to the Pro-Enterprise Panel, but they have still not acknowledged it after a few days.
Over the past few days, I have to signed many forms to different agencies. It seems to be quite complicated and time consuming to fill up these forms.
It is a hassle to apply to open an account for utilities. The form asked me to state the KVA of the power supply. I am not an engineer, so I do not know how to provide this information. My staff called the hotline of Power Supply and was told to get the KVA from the developer. The call to the developer's office was answered by someone who does not know the KVA. They will get someone to call back. I bet they will forget about calling back, which is quite typical of the standard of customer service in Singapore.
The form also asked for the date of incorporation of my company. I do not understand why this information is needed by Power Supply. So, I have to call my company secretary to find out this information.
Singapore has bred many people who are insensitive to the hassle and expenses cause to other people through their requirements. Some of these cost are imposed directly (through the fees that have to be paid), and some are borne indirectly (through the wasted time and work).
I shall write to the Pro-Enterprise Panel again. I do not expect them to acknowledge my feedback, but I will still write.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2019 (1702)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
12/12 - 12/19
- BEST Business Game
- Use Excel to calculate yield
- Invest in an indexed fund
- Role of social insurance
- GPS Navigation System
- Tourist attractions
- Renovating an industrial premise 
- Who pays for the cost of medical report?
- Financial planning for a child
- Financial planning for retirees
- Keep your existing Living policy
- After the Event Insurance
- High insurance charge on ILP
- Capsule hotel in Japan
- Beauty of the night
- Credit card for those above 60
- Concept about aging
- Color printer
- Download of Window Phone Apps
- Web App - Learning Tips
- Mobile App - Learning Tips
- Preventing dementia
- OKI Color Printer C3300
- Be educated about insurance
- Be educated about insurance
- Taxi fares in Kuala Lumpur - two tiers
- Happiness and wealth
- Taxi service in Singapore
- Talk by Dr. Jacques Attali (13 January 2011)
- FISCA financial planning talk
- FISCA insurance talk
- WikiLeaks and Negative Views
- Test your knowledge of insurance
- Capitalist system and its safeguards
- Court case on DBS High Notes - legal fees
- Dispute on interest rate with NTUC Thrift
- Life insurance policies sold to elderly, illiterat...
- Message from Spa Victim
- Democracy rating
- Ape Snap Dining Vouchers
- Wealth accumulator and Flexi Life
- Data roaming charges
- Fire safety regulations need to be practical
- Business Times report on the court decision on DBS...
- Cost of preparing a medical report
- SDCF and fire safety regulations
- Office renovation and fire regulations
- Court decision on DBS High Notes
- Heart implant at subsidized rate
- Timely termination of life insurance policy
- FISCA talk - Insuring your financial security (aka...
- Tips on preventing dementia
- Book - get value from your life insurance policies...
- HSA warns against pills
- Stress and high school students
- Invitation from the author of "Wisdom on how to li...
- Sudoku (Logic9)
- Case study - financial planning for the young
- Benchmark for deduction under a life policy
- Reforms in Malaysia
- WikiLeaks and George Yeo
- Make your own decisions
- Sydney Morning Herald - Big fat red faces
- Tranparency International's survey on corruption
- Low ranking under UN human development index
- MAS and whistle blowing
- FIDREC and the consumer
- Cash out scam
- Yield on Life Insurance Policy
- Tips on Savings and Investments
- Fake $10 note
- Wikileaks and Singapore leaders
- China - the old and the new
- Investor sue DBS over Lehman bonds
- Use Excel formulas
- 90% tax on banker's bonus
- Taxi service in Kuala Lumpur
- KL International Airport
- Medical report fee charged by the Singapore Dental...
- ▼ 12/12 - 12/19 (79)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)