Thursday, April 07, 2011

Better Business Practices

I have written about the poor customer service of DBS Bank, UOB Bank and Singapore Airlines. The poor service is a result of a focus by business corporations to cut cost and  increase profits. In doing so, they overlook the need to serve their customers well and treat them fairly.

The representatives of DBS Bank and UOB Bank have since called me to rectify the issues that I have raised. I hope that they will look at the underlying causes, and change some of their existing practices. It should not be fire fighting, but a cultural change in their attitude and approach.

I have come across many cases of bad practices by business corporations and government agencies in Singapore. I shall be writing about these practices. My aim is to get these corporations and agencies to recognize that these practices are bad from the customer's point of view. They should act to make changes to improve their customer service, without increasing their cost of operations.

I know that this will be a long journey to change mindsets and practices that are now cast in stone. But, I shall try.

Tan Kin Lian

No comments:

Blog Archive