There is a big advertisement from Aviva in Today paper, encouraging the public to "buy direct" from them. They offer an attractive product that pays 3.5% interest rate.
Insurance agents will be facing more competitive pressure from the direct channel. I strongly advise the agents to adopt technology, improve their productivity and reduce the cost to their customers. They should continue to add value.
This is the best way for agents to remain relevant in the competitive market.
- ► 2013 (302)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
02/25 - 03/04
- Learn to use our public transport system
- Heavy demand for taxis
- Insurance agents faced a conflict of interest
- No reply because of wrong e-mail address
- Logic9 (Sudoku) is well received
- Flying into Kuala Lumpur
- No load investment fund
- My occupation?
- Working from home
- Visitors to my blog
- An unexpected death
- Money market fund earned 3.44% annualised
- Lee Kum Tatt's Blog
- Larry Haverkamp's Blog
- Take public transport to Raffles City
- Mayor of New York takes public transport
- My personal portfolio dropped by 5%
- Market correction - how serious, how long?
- How to select a housing loan
- Aviva advises to "Buy Direct"
- My views on other insurer's products
- NTUC Income funds
- Should I invest my CPF special account in the Grow...
- Should I buy an endowment policy to pay off a mort...
- Mortgage aggregators in Australia
- Useful role for agents
- ▼ 02/25 - 03/04 (26)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)