Agents play a useful role to help their customers to sort out the complexity in our life.
For example, we need an agent to help us to plan our travel, to buy, sell or rent a property, or to handle a complex financial transaction.
The agent need to be adequately compensated for their time and effort, and also for the variable nature of their income (as they are paid on actual transactions).
To help reduce the cost to the customer, we need to find a way to make the agent more productive and to complete the transaction with less effort. The internet allows higher productivity to be achieved, but only if it is used effectively.
Agents should make the effort to embrace technology. By adopting the new way, they can increase their earnings (through higher volue), and reduce the cost to the customers. This is the win-win solution.
If the cost can come down, the customer will not find it necessary to handle directly.
There will continue to be a useful role for agents, but only if they can give value to the customer, and help to bring down the cost.
- ► 2019 (971)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
02/25 - 03/04
- Learn to use our public transport system
- Heavy demand for taxis
- Insurance agents faced a conflict of interest
- No reply because of wrong e-mail address
- Logic9 (Sudoku) is well received
- Flying into Kuala Lumpur
- No load investment fund
- My occupation?
- Working from home
- Visitors to my blog
- An unexpected death
- Money market fund earned 3.44% annualised
- Lee Kum Tatt's Blog
- Larry Haverkamp's Blog
- Take public transport to Raffles City
- Mayor of New York takes public transport
- My personal portfolio dropped by 5%
- Market correction - how serious, how long?
- How to select a housing loan
- Aviva advises to "Buy Direct"
- My views on other insurer's products
- NTUC Income funds
- Should I invest my CPF special account in the Grow...
- Should I buy an endowment policy to pay off a mort...
- Mortgage aggregators in Australia
- Useful role for agents
- ▼ 02/25 - 03/04 (26)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)