Friday, March 02, 2007

Working from home

For the past week, I have been working from home. It is great.

I am able to keep in contact with external people by e-mail and telephone. If I have to discuss business, I send some brief details in an e-mail, and fix a time for a telephone discussion. (This is similar to arranging a physical meeting).

It is quite easy to discuss matters over the telephone. It is much more productive than a physical meeting.

I have some people working part time for me from their homes. I also keep in touch with them in the same way.

I try to keep the paper work to a minimum. Even paper work can be scanned and sent through an e-mail or fax.

I shall share more about my experience in this new working style.

1 comment:

Edwin said...

You know, I think the time is not right yet. Everyone should have some sort of insurance.

However, I think your ideas may be ahead of its time. That is what I think. A lot of insurance sales, still come from Personal Financial Advisors. Hence, without them, the insurance market will not have buoyed.

The time will come when people can buy personal insurance online.

Just like car insurance in the US. For example, Geico. I recommend that you take a look at this.

http://www.geico.com/

Edwin

Blog Archive