My uncle, Larry Koh, passed away yesterday morning. He was 79 years old. He had not been well for the past few years.
In spite of poor health, uncle Larry has always been a positive, jovial person. I enjoyed my several visits to his home. He was always delighted to see me, and to share with me, his views about current events. He has clear views and he talks convincingly. He is a great communicator.
Two years ago, I took one day of leave to accompany uncle Larry on his MRT journey round Singapore. This was a great way for him to take his exercise and pass his time.
I introduced him to Logic9 (Sudoku). He must have spent hundreds of hours on this game on his PC.
In many respects, I share the same characteristics as my uncle Larry, namely a positive approach and to be convincing. Uncle Larry was my mother's youngest brother.
He told me that, during his younger days, he was able to convince people through the clarity of his views, which he put across with emphasis. He likes to "blow his big trumpet".
This is how the community portal set up by NTUC Income, ie the Big Trumpet, got its name.
I shall miss uncle Larry.
- ► 2019 (1702)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
02/18 - 02/25
- Take a flexible and transparent loan
- Philips Securities promote i-Term
- A senior couple is interested in part time work
- Lunar New Year Party
- Kind words from a cooperator friend
- Today paper, 'Mr Income' puts his feet up
- Center for Seniors
- Goodbye to Uncle Larry
- A whole life policy pegged to a child's age
- Japan has a low birth rate
- A larger population of Singaporeans
- Short term interest rate increased in recent years...
- Why structured products are not popular in America...
- Decreasing term is really affordable
- Stop paying premiums on your whole life policy
- My Chinese name, Liang
- Does car insurance policy cover car pooling?
- Learn how to use public transport
- Valuing their labour
- Workfare Bonus
- Risk is to your advantage
- I treat all the lanes fairly
- Difference in terms used in American and Singapore...
- Better to buy term and invest the difference
- An honest investment banker
- My wife's cousin migrated to Australia
- Is private banking anything special
- Use a short word
- Why do my agents say that my insurance is not enou...
- Buy term and invest the difference
- My honest opinion
- Trailer Fee
- Term with critical illness cover
- Life Insurance Policy with Cash Payout
- ▼ 02/18 - 02/25 (34)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)