In today's New Paper, Dr Money tells about his experience in visiting a private banker with his friend.
They were introduced to an investment product that earned a return of 39 percent in 2006. This product is to issue structured products to be sold to retail customers in the bank. The issuer is able to earn such a high return, because the retail purchasers of the structured products get a poor return.
To find out more, you should read the New Paper, Monday 19 February.
Many people have learned from their personal experience that the structured products offered a poor return. Now we know the reason. The product issuer made an average return of 39 percent, taken from the reduced return of the retail customers.
Advice: Do not invest in structured products.
- ► 2020 (667)
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
02/18 - 02/25
- Take a flexible and transparent loan
- Philips Securities promote i-Term
- A senior couple is interested in part time work
- Lunar New Year Party
- Kind words from a cooperator friend
- Today paper, 'Mr Income' puts his feet up
- Center for Seniors
- Goodbye to Uncle Larry
- A whole life policy pegged to a child's age
- Japan has a low birth rate
- A larger population of Singaporeans
- Short term interest rate increased in recent years...
- Why structured products are not popular in America...
- Decreasing term is really affordable
- Stop paying premiums on your whole life policy
- My Chinese name, Liang
- Does car insurance policy cover car pooling?
- Learn how to use public transport
- Valuing their labour
- Workfare Bonus
- Risk is to your advantage
- I treat all the lanes fairly
- Difference in terms used in American and Singapore...
- Better to buy term and invest the difference
- An honest investment banker
- My wife's cousin migrated to Australia
- Is private banking anything special
- Use a short word
- Why do my agents say that my insurance is not enou...
- Buy term and invest the difference
- My honest opinion
- Trailer Fee
- Term with critical illness cover
- Life Insurance Policy with Cash Payout
- ▼ 02/18 - 02/25 (34)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)