I RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL
I refer to the post of your blog regarding grouses of taxi drivers in Singapore.
One thing I understand is that KL taxi drivers actually own the taxi after repaying off the whole amount. And more so happy when they costs the same as a Singapore taxi but in RM$. They do not have to answer to anyone.
In Singapore, a normal taxi costs about $60K+. The hirer has to pay rental of $90 on average everyday. After 2 full years, the costs of the taxi can be recovered back but the poor hirer still continue to pay rental to the company. He does not own the taxi. He is still working for the company. Worse still, there are no benefits like MC, CPF, leave, bonus,etc. & has to work like a slave to earn more than $90 per day so as to make an earning. There is no freedom. If the driver wants to rest by taking offday, he still has to pay rental.
Thus how can the Singaporean taxi driver be happy?
I personally feel taxi drivers in Singapore are a bunch of pitiful people.
- ► 2020 (260)
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
06/17 - 06/24
- Global stockmarkets
- Financial Adviser in Australia
- Look after the interest of ordinary people
- Importance of savings - a view from an elderly per...
- Improve the call center of the Telcos
- Improve the public transport now (not later)
- Does Land Transport Authority listen to the public...
- Invest in a unit trust
- Invest in an index fund
- Difference between Logic9 and Sudoku
- Learn Logic9 (Sudoku) at Prime of Life Exhibition
- Travel Insurance Claims
- Inflated Claims on Travel Insurance
- Target savings at retirement
- Buy Insurance For A Discount
- Financial Planning for Teachers
- Hong Kong's public transport system
- What is Research?
- Difficult life of a taxi driver in Singapore
- Make my blog more interesting
- Strange simple English
- Universal ID - now known as OpenID
- Photos of my grand-daughter
- A piece of inspiration
- Is the stockmarket too highly valued?
- Talk on Financial Planning
- Visitors to my blog
- Grouses of taxi drivers
- Overcrowded Singapore - a comment
- Bad customer service from Telcos
- Singapore is getting over-crowded
- Best Public Service in the World
- Universal ID for website
- Feedback on the Telcos
- Call centers of our Telcos
- Yield on Money Market Fund
- Visit the financial adviser
- Singapore is 14th most expensive city in the world...
- Tan Kin Lian Has A Blog
- Comments on Dr Lee Kum Tatt's blog
- Save for an early retirement
- Help a friend
- Save adequately for your child
- Sponsored article
- Rating of assets backing financial products
- Government bonds
- Fund earned 20% during past 8 months
- Cost of betting on a financial product
- Look for Solutions Not Scapegoats
- ▼ 06/17 - 06/24 (51)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)