Hi Mr Tan,
I am 30 years old and I have been searching for investment which suits my risk appetite. I finally found your blog and I am quite impressed with index fund. Could you tell me more about it and how to invest in this fund?
My ideal index fund is
1. Global equity which is well diversified.
2. Low sale and annual charge.
3. Modest dividend
The closest to an index fund that you can invest now is the ST Tracker Fund that you can buy from the stockmarket. The only problem is that the Singapore stockmarket is at a high level now.
You can read my views in this FAQ.
If you are investing your monthly savings for the next 30 years, you can consider the Ideal plan from NTUC Income. You can invest in the Balanced or the Growth fund. Although it is not an index fund, the charges are among the lowest available in Singapore.
I will ask X to advise you.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
06/17 - 06/24
- Global stockmarkets
- Financial Adviser in Australia
- Look after the interest of ordinary people
- Importance of savings - a view from an elderly per...
- Improve the call center of the Telcos
- Improve the public transport now (not later)
- Does Land Transport Authority listen to the public...
- Invest in a unit trust
- Invest in an index fund
- Difference between Logic9 and Sudoku
- Learn Logic9 (Sudoku) at Prime of Life Exhibition
- Travel Insurance Claims
- Inflated Claims on Travel Insurance
- Target savings at retirement
- Buy Insurance For A Discount
- Financial Planning for Teachers
- Hong Kong's public transport system
- What is Research?
- Difficult life of a taxi driver in Singapore
- Make my blog more interesting
- Strange simple English
- Universal ID - now known as OpenID
- Photos of my grand-daughter
- A piece of inspiration
- Is the stockmarket too highly valued?
- Talk on Financial Planning
- Visitors to my blog
- Grouses of taxi drivers
- Overcrowded Singapore - a comment
- Bad customer service from Telcos
- Singapore is getting over-crowded
- Best Public Service in the World
- Universal ID for website
- Feedback on the Telcos
- Call centers of our Telcos
- Yield on Money Market Fund
- Visit the financial adviser
- Singapore is 14th most expensive city in the world...
- Tan Kin Lian Has A Blog
- Comments on Dr Lee Kum Tatt's blog
- Save for an early retirement
- Help a friend
- Save adequately for your child
- Sponsored article
- Rating of assets backing financial products
- Government bonds
- Fund earned 20% during past 8 months
- Cost of betting on a financial product
- Look for Solutions Not Scapegoats
- ▼ 06/17 - 06/24 (51)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)