Dear Mr. Tan,
I hve invested into Jubilee Series 8 Notes which will mature in 2.5 yrs time in Jan 2011. A fix rate of 3.15% per year is paid. The arranger of the Notes is Merrill Lynch who has since taken over by BOA. The trustee is HSBC Institutional Trust Services (S) Ltd. Currently the value of the Notes is 84% of the purchase price.
I have asked the RM many times but he is also not sure where the money is invested in and whether the Notes will default since more and more bad news are disclosed nowadays. I asked for the prospectus from the RM and took pain to go thru' the 100 pages but just not understand at all. I has no choice but to visit one of the branch and one of the RM verbally told me that it is invested in Merrill Lynch's bond.
I hope you can assist by enlightening me the following:-
a. where the money is invested in?
b. I understand that BOA is taking over Merrill Lynch. Could BOA just take over Merrill Lynch's assets but not its liabilities? If this is possible, then I think most likely the Notes will terminate and worthless.
I am at a lost. There are so many series and each series is different from the other series.
I suggest that you should ask the issuer (Merill Lynch) to give you the reply to your questions in writing. If they do not, you should lodge a complaint with MAS.
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
11/23 - 11/30
- Speaker's Corner 5 pm on 29 Nov - change of plan
- The Standard : Legco first on Lehman fizzles out
- To each his own
- The Online Citizen interview an investor
- Speaker's Corner 5 p.m. Sat 29 Nov
- 100,000 signatures so that more people will step f...
- Bonus is likely to remain low
- Lost the sense of bonding and togetherness
- An apology to Chee Soon Juan and his sister
- A sense of responsibility: Obama
- No reply from financial institution after four wee...
- End of Free Financial Advice
- Singapore Dance Theatre performs Nutcracker
- Suggestion: how to approach legal action
- Singapore Kopitiam Forum
- Swiss petition for national referendum to end "cor...
- Investors should see their Member of Parliament
- Why I wanted 100,000 signatures
- Buyer beware
- Singapore's investments in global banks
- Ask for information in writing
- Pinnacle Notes Series 9 and 10
- Experience with FIDREC
- Guide on FIDREC process
- Morgan Stanley website on Pinnacle Notes
- Risk analysis form - wrong statements
- Gathering 100,000 signatures
- Strategy on credit linked notes
- Low compensation offered by HLF
- Tan Kin Lian eyes elected presidency
- Issuers of toxic notes should take more of the bla...
- Plea to MAS - investors of Pinnacle Notes
- Manifesto - the future of Singapore
- Battle of the mind and the heart
- Reveal your identity
- Useful role for financial advisers
- Moral values and ethics
- Investors to see your Member of Parliament
- Speak up for our rights
- ▼ 11/23 - 11/30 (39)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)