I sent another e-mail to the investors to see their Member of Parliament in groups. I know that some investors had already seen their MP and the MP asked them to see the MAS or the financial institution or argued that they should have "their eyes open".
You can see the MP again. This time, ask the MP to do the "right thing" as the leader that represents you: The MP should:
1. Ask MAS what is the outcome of petition #1, asking MAS to investigate if there were any wrong doings by the financial institutions that created and marketed these credit linked notes? did these financial institutions breach the Securities and Futures Act and the Financial Advisers Act? What is the outcome of the investigation?
2. Ask how many investors had their cases resolved at the first leve, i.e. the financial institutions? How many cases were rejected by the financial instituions or made offers that were not accepted by investors? How many cases are still "waiting for decision"? How long does it take for the financial institutions to make their decision?
3. Ask MAS how many complaints have been lodged with FIDREC. How many cases have been decided by FIDREC? How many are still pending? How long does it take for FIDREC to handle these complaints?
It is the duty of your MP to ask these questions, on your behalf, to MAS or to ask them in Parliament.
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
11/23 - 11/30
- Speaker's Corner 5 pm on 29 Nov - change of plan
- The Standard : Legco first on Lehman fizzles out
- To each his own
- The Online Citizen interview an investor
- Speaker's Corner 5 p.m. Sat 29 Nov
- 100,000 signatures so that more people will step f...
- Bonus is likely to remain low
- Lost the sense of bonding and togetherness
- An apology to Chee Soon Juan and his sister
- A sense of responsibility: Obama
- No reply from financial institution after four wee...
- End of Free Financial Advice
- Singapore Dance Theatre performs Nutcracker
- Suggestion: how to approach legal action
- Singapore Kopitiam Forum
- Swiss petition for national referendum to end "cor...
- Investors should see their Member of Parliament
- Why I wanted 100,000 signatures
- Buyer beware
- Singapore's investments in global banks
- Ask for information in writing
- Pinnacle Notes Series 9 and 10
- Experience with FIDREC
- Guide on FIDREC process
- Morgan Stanley website on Pinnacle Notes
- Risk analysis form - wrong statements
- Gathering 100,000 signatures
- Strategy on credit linked notes
- Low compensation offered by HLF
- Tan Kin Lian eyes elected presidency
- Issuers of toxic notes should take more of the bla...
- Plea to MAS - investors of Pinnacle Notes
- Manifesto - the future of Singapore
- Battle of the mind and the heart
- Reveal your identity
- Useful role for financial advisers
- Moral values and ethics
- Investors to see your Member of Parliament
- Speak up for our rights
- ▼ 11/23 - 11/30 (39)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)