I am writing this e-mail in response to the statement: "It is not my interest or ambition to stand for election. If I do not get 100,000 signatures, I have the excuse to opt out - that this is a bad idea. I am willing to leave this to the voice of the people...."
Frankly, I do not agree with some of the things you have said and the way you have said them, and some of the things you did and the way you do them, but I believe what you are doing is for the sake of the Republic and her people and not for any personal gain or ambition.
From your statements, I can somehow sense that your mind is constantly asking you to opt out while your heart is begging you to take this course.
This further cement my views that you are doing this for the right reason and you strongly believe in serving the people of the Republic.
By giving you my support and my signature, I am also taking away your option (1/100,000) to opt out and to take your views and strengths to a bigger stage and platform where you have the power to do more for the people you care so much for.
I would like to further suggest that you consider writing a Manifesto to set out your strategic direction and outlines of any prospective legislation changes you would like to bring about if you are elected to public office and why you would like to change them.
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
11/23 - 11/30
- Speaker's Corner 5 pm on 29 Nov - change of plan
- The Standard : Legco first on Lehman fizzles out
- To each his own
- The Online Citizen interview an investor
- Speaker's Corner 5 p.m. Sat 29 Nov
- 100,000 signatures so that more people will step f...
- Bonus is likely to remain low
- Lost the sense of bonding and togetherness
- An apology to Chee Soon Juan and his sister
- A sense of responsibility: Obama
- No reply from financial institution after four wee...
- End of Free Financial Advice
- Singapore Dance Theatre performs Nutcracker
- Suggestion: how to approach legal action
- Singapore Kopitiam Forum
- Swiss petition for national referendum to end "cor...
- Investors should see their Member of Parliament
- Why I wanted 100,000 signatures
- Buyer beware
- Singapore's investments in global banks
- Ask for information in writing
- Pinnacle Notes Series 9 and 10
- Experience with FIDREC
- Guide on FIDREC process
- Morgan Stanley website on Pinnacle Notes
- Risk analysis form - wrong statements
- Gathering 100,000 signatures
- Strategy on credit linked notes
- Low compensation offered by HLF
- Tan Kin Lian eyes elected presidency
- Issuers of toxic notes should take more of the bla...
- Plea to MAS - investors of Pinnacle Notes
- Manifesto - the future of Singapore
- Battle of the mind and the heart
- Reveal your identity
- Useful role for financial advisers
- Moral values and ethics
- Investors to see your Member of Parliament
- Speak up for our rights
- ▼ 11/23 - 11/30 (39)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)