If someone writes a personal e-mail to me, I will always give a reply. It can be a short reply like "ok" or "thank you" to acknowledge receiving an information that does not require any action (which is quite common).
If someone ask me my advice on a complicated matter, my usual reply is "let me think about it". I will give a more detailed reply in a few days time, unless I overlook it. In many cases, I will answer some of the questions immediately, and answer the rest later.
Some people are fair and considerate to me. They spend time to think about their issue and put it down in clear terms. I will try to help them as best as I can.
Other people are quite inconsiderate. They do not make the effort to write them their issue clearly to me and expect me to spend a lot of time to understand their question and find the answer. I usually give them a short reply, "Sorry, I cannot help you".
A few people send me materials to post in my blog quite regularly. They do not expect a reply from me for each e-mail. But I do send them a reply occasionally to acknowledge that I appreciate their contribution. They can also see my indirect reply, when their contribution appears in my blog.
I want to encourage people to give a reply. It is only courteous.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
03/14 - 03/21
- Problem with private insurance
- Experiences with websites
- Overseas orders for my books
- FISCA website
- A responsive call center
- Decreasing term assurance for 25 years
- Courtesy of a reply
- Avoid tele-marketing call
- Suggestion to regulate all types of investments
- Red light area gets out of line
- Danger on Asian Buses
- Inflation rate, measured by Reader's Digest
- Parker Korean Restaurant, 209 Upper Thomson Road
- Sense a trap
- MAS Investor Alert
- Resort World Sentosa - how's business?
- Lower standard of service in Singapore
- Good service in Singapore
- Taglines used by trourist promotion agences elsewh...
- Bring tourists to Singapore
- View from a local consultant
- Many orders in i-Shop
- Consultants and Government
- Video on the Shape Quiz
- A reader's view - importance of financial planning...
- Why do you visit my blog?
- Spend $12 and save a lot of money
- Do not accept a poor deal
- Puzzle - find the safe path
- Credit card points
- Improve a corporate website
- Video on Financial Education
- Postings on Land banking
- Debt and delusion
- Postings on Benefit Illustration
- Life insurance - effect of deduction
- Need for stronger regulation
- False hope
- Trapped in a bad investment
- Singapore's Big Bet is about to Pay Off
- Leaders should address important issues
- Unwillingness to take responsibility
- Professional fees and moral values
- Coffee shop and the bank
- Sands Resort Complex to open in April
- Interest in a sales career
- Opposition chief tells Singaporeans: Don't be afra...
- Commission paid to financial advisers
- High pay of Singapore Government Leaders - a view ...
- Review of GST
- History of productivity in Singapore
- Count on PM Lee - Dick Lee
- Land banking in UK
- The Consummate Joker
- Pay of Government Leaders
- Willingness to change
- ▼ 03/14 - 03/21 (56)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)