Financial planning should form a very important part of anyone's journey through life. Unfortunately, it is not taught in most school's curriculum and perhaps due to other immediate priorities, many people could ignore financial problems are on the horizon until those problems are right in their face. I only got interested in financial planning after going through some difficult times in my early years as a youth when my father's business failed.
I am now a 39year old accountant and have benefited from careful financial planning from early years. My investment portfolio has grown steadily through the years and I am now looking into the future with more confidence despite all the financial turmoil (although it could have been better, but it is ok. Must not be greedy lah!).
Have just bought 3 copies of your Practical Guide To Financial Planning to be given to my younger brothers. As it is at a good price, I do not want to save money by buying one copy and pass it around. I prefer they read the guide and have a copy with them for easy reference when they want to refresh their learnin. Spend $12, the returns will be many thousand times later. How's that for ROI? I hope they will do better than me from getting financial advice at an earlier age (they are late 20s to mid-30s). Be educated, be empowered.
- ► 2013 (307)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
03/14 - 03/21
- Problem with private insurance
- Experiences with websites
- Overseas orders for my books
- FISCA website
- A responsive call center
- Decreasing term assurance for 25 years
- Courtesy of a reply
- Avoid tele-marketing call
- Suggestion to regulate all types of investments
- Red light area gets out of line
- Danger on Asian Buses
- Inflation rate, measured by Reader's Digest
- Parker Korean Restaurant, 209 Upper Thomson Road
- Sense a trap
- MAS Investor Alert
- Resort World Sentosa - how's business?
- Lower standard of service in Singapore
- Good service in Singapore
- Taglines used by trourist promotion agences elsewh...
- Bring tourists to Singapore
- View from a local consultant
- Many orders in i-Shop
- Consultants and Government
- Video on the Shape Quiz
- A reader's view - importance of financial planning...
- Why do you visit my blog?
- Spend $12 and save a lot of money
- Do not accept a poor deal
- Puzzle - find the safe path
- Credit card points
- Improve a corporate website
- Video on Financial Education
- Postings on Land banking
- Debt and delusion
- Postings on Benefit Illustration
- Life insurance - effect of deduction
- Need for stronger regulation
- False hope
- Trapped in a bad investment
- Singapore's Big Bet is about to Pay Off
- Leaders should address important issues
- Unwillingness to take responsibility
- Professional fees and moral values
- Coffee shop and the bank
- Sands Resort Complex to open in April
- Interest in a sales career
- Opposition chief tells Singaporeans: Don't be afra...
- Commission paid to financial advisers
- High pay of Singapore Government Leaders - a view ...
- Review of GST
- History of productivity in Singapore
- Count on PM Lee - Dick Lee
- Land banking in UK
- The Consummate Joker
- Pay of Government Leaders
- Willingness to change
- ▼ 03/14 - 03/21 (56)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)