Dear Mr. Tan,
My insurance adviser has given two proposals for me to increase my coverage:
a) critical illness protection for 35 years
b) whole life policy with critical illness rider
Which is better for me?
For the term insurance policy, ask the adviser to give you the following options:
a) Level term for 25 years and 35 years.
b) Decreasing term (or mortgage protection) for the same period.
You can compare the rates with the benchmark rates quited in my book on financial planning. My benchmark rates are quite high, so you should be able to get a rate lower than the benchmark rate. You have to decide on the term insurance that suits your needs, by looking at the cost and coverage.
In my view, the most suitable is a decreasing term insurance policy for 25 years. I avoid critical illness policy or rider, as they are usually too expensive (i.e. poor value for money).
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
03/14 - 03/21
- Problem with private insurance
- Experiences with websites
- Overseas orders for my books
- FISCA website
- A responsive call center
- Decreasing term assurance for 25 years
- Courtesy of a reply
- Avoid tele-marketing call
- Suggestion to regulate all types of investments
- Red light area gets out of line
- Danger on Asian Buses
- Inflation rate, measured by Reader's Digest
- Parker Korean Restaurant, 209 Upper Thomson Road
- Sense a trap
- MAS Investor Alert
- Resort World Sentosa - how's business?
- Lower standard of service in Singapore
- Good service in Singapore
- Taglines used by trourist promotion agences elsewh...
- Bring tourists to Singapore
- View from a local consultant
- Many orders in i-Shop
- Consultants and Government
- Video on the Shape Quiz
- A reader's view - importance of financial planning...
- Why do you visit my blog?
- Spend $12 and save a lot of money
- Do not accept a poor deal
- Puzzle - find the safe path
- Credit card points
- Improve a corporate website
- Video on Financial Education
- Postings on Land banking
- Debt and delusion
- Postings on Benefit Illustration
- Life insurance - effect of deduction
- Need for stronger regulation
- False hope
- Trapped in a bad investment
- Singapore's Big Bet is about to Pay Off
- Leaders should address important issues
- Unwillingness to take responsibility
- Professional fees and moral values
- Coffee shop and the bank
- Sands Resort Complex to open in April
- Interest in a sales career
- Opposition chief tells Singaporeans: Don't be afra...
- Commission paid to financial advisers
- High pay of Singapore Government Leaders - a view ...
- Review of GST
- History of productivity in Singapore
- Count on PM Lee - Dick Lee
- Land banking in UK
- The Consummate Joker
- Pay of Government Leaders
- Willingness to change
- ▼ 03/14 - 03/21 (56)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)