Many corporate websites have a lot of information. It is extremely difficult to navigate the website (also called a spider web) to find the right page. Each page contained a lot of information, and usually contains ambiguity which is not easily understood by the general public.
The staff handling inquiries expect the customer to know where to find the webpage and how to understand its contents. The staff usually does not understand that the general public has to deal with many other issues and understanding information from the website is not easy.
A good corporate website provides an easy way for the general public to send an e-mail or call a number to ask a question. The inquiry staff can respond with the answer. The best response is a specific answer to the question, with a link to the webpage for more details.
The corporation should know that their website is really the source of reference for their staff to get the information to send to the public. They cannot expect the public to know how to navigate or understand their spider web.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
03/14 - 03/21
- Problem with private insurance
- Experiences with websites
- Overseas orders for my books
- FISCA website
- A responsive call center
- Decreasing term assurance for 25 years
- Courtesy of a reply
- Avoid tele-marketing call
- Suggestion to regulate all types of investments
- Red light area gets out of line
- Danger on Asian Buses
- Inflation rate, measured by Reader's Digest
- Parker Korean Restaurant, 209 Upper Thomson Road
- Sense a trap
- MAS Investor Alert
- Resort World Sentosa - how's business?
- Lower standard of service in Singapore
- Good service in Singapore
- Taglines used by trourist promotion agences elsewh...
- Bring tourists to Singapore
- View from a local consultant
- Many orders in i-Shop
- Consultants and Government
- Video on the Shape Quiz
- A reader's view - importance of financial planning...
- Why do you visit my blog?
- Spend $12 and save a lot of money
- Do not accept a poor deal
- Puzzle - find the safe path
- Credit card points
- Improve a corporate website
- Video on Financial Education
- Postings on Land banking
- Debt and delusion
- Postings on Benefit Illustration
- Life insurance - effect of deduction
- Need for stronger regulation
- False hope
- Trapped in a bad investment
- Singapore's Big Bet is about to Pay Off
- Leaders should address important issues
- Unwillingness to take responsibility
- Professional fees and moral values
- Coffee shop and the bank
- Sands Resort Complex to open in April
- Interest in a sales career
- Opposition chief tells Singaporeans: Don't be afra...
- Commission paid to financial advisers
- High pay of Singapore Government Leaders - a view ...
- Review of GST
- History of productivity in Singapore
- Count on PM Lee - Dick Lee
- Land banking in UK
- The Consummate Joker
- Pay of Government Leaders
- Willingness to change
- ▼ 03/14 - 03/21 (56)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)