Many people think that the older workers are not prepared to implement change, and that younger workers are more daring.
From my observation, this trait of "fear to change" apply to both older and younger workers. In many cases, the younger workers are less willing to change, as they do not have the experience to manage change, and are more fearful of its negative impacts.
The fear to change is a large part of the cautious approach of Singaporeans, and reflects the unwillingness to take risk.
There is also a tendency to focus on the negative, i.e. "what can go wrong" rather than the positive, "what are the advantage to be gained by making the change?"
We have to go a long way to change the culture and the mindset of Singaporeans. But, it is a challenge that must be taken. For nearly three decades, we have spent time to "say the right things" but have not gone into the root of the problem.
This is the first change to make, i.e. to change our approach towards making a change.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2013 (298)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
03/14 - 03/21
- Problem with private insurance
- Experiences with websites
- Overseas orders for my books
- FISCA website
- A responsive call center
- Decreasing term assurance for 25 years
- Courtesy of a reply
- Avoid tele-marketing call
- Suggestion to regulate all types of investments
- Red light area gets out of line
- Danger on Asian Buses
- Inflation rate, measured by Reader's Digest
- Parker Korean Restaurant, 209 Upper Thomson Road
- Sense a trap
- MAS Investor Alert
- Resort World Sentosa - how's business?
- Lower standard of service in Singapore
- Good service in Singapore
- Taglines used by trourist promotion agences elsewh...
- Bring tourists to Singapore
- View from a local consultant
- Many orders in i-Shop
- Consultants and Government
- Video on the Shape Quiz
- A reader's view - importance of financial planning...
- Why do you visit my blog?
- Spend $12 and save a lot of money
- Do not accept a poor deal
- Puzzle - find the safe path
- Credit card points
- Improve a corporate website
- Video on Financial Education
- Postings on Land banking
- Debt and delusion
- Postings on Benefit Illustration
- Life insurance - effect of deduction
- Need for stronger regulation
- False hope
- Trapped in a bad investment
- Singapore's Big Bet is about to Pay Off
- Leaders should address important issues
- Unwillingness to take responsibility
- Professional fees and moral values
- Coffee shop and the bank
- Sands Resort Complex to open in April
- Interest in a sales career
- Opposition chief tells Singaporeans: Don't be afra...
- Commission paid to financial advisers
- High pay of Singapore Government Leaders - a view ...
- Review of GST
- History of productivity in Singapore
- Count on PM Lee - Dick Lee
- Land banking in UK
- The Consummate Joker
- Pay of Government Leaders
- Willingness to change
- ▼ 03/14 - 03/21 (56)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)