Saturday, June 19, 2010

Poor service in restaurant reservations

I wanted to reserve a table at a Tung Lok restaurant at the Esplanade. I went to their website and filled up a web form for Reservation. I provided the essential information. Nobody called me back for two days. I consider that my reservation is not accepted. I arranged to go somewhere else.

I have the same difficulty in making reservations at other restaurants. Last month, I telephoned a restaurant in a hotel in Queen Street. After much difficulty, my reservation confirmed over the telephone. When I turned up at the restaurant, there was no record of my reservation and no table was available. There was a large wedding dinner.

I hope that the larger restaurants takeing reservations should outsourse this activity to a service provider. This will ensure a better standard of service.

Tan Kin Lian

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPhugRVr3rg

The link above is an anime about the silent struggles of the modern man...
It is very sad as it shows how close it is to reality. When the father is aged and old and the children are unfillial, it is really heart-breaking for the old man.

Sebastian Soo

Anonymous said...

The good service in restaurant are eg the Copthorne & Millienium Grp. After making a reservation at their restaurants, they will call back on your reserved date morning to re-confirm if you will be there or not & gives reminder of their 15 mins grace rules before they give up your table. I appreciate their svc, so in case i got any last min changes to my reservations, i can still inform them before hand. I hope the other restaurant can follow suit too.

Anonymous said...

Another thing which puzzled me is the payment of 10% service charge. What type of service are we expecting in a restaurant from the waitress besides taking your order and bringing the plates of food onto your table? And we are paying as much as 10% not to mention, this 10% attracts 7% GST too.

Anonymous said...

I'm quite against paying GST & service charge. So I do not visit restaurants. Also, I avoid subscribing to too many services so I won't have so much problems with these so-called service providers.

Blog Archive