Monday, August 07, 2006

Dispute over liability in third party claim

A policyholder disagreed with our claim officer's assessment of liability in a claim from a third party. He felt that the claim officer had not made the correct assessement. This matter was reviewed by the claim manager. After several rounds, the policyholder was still not satisifed. He brought this matter to my attention. I gave this reply:

Dear

I have taken note of this case.

The assessment of liability has to be made by our claim officers using their expertise and judgement. They have to take the relevant facts into account. If you disagree, you can meet with the claims committee to present your facts for their review.

If you wish to refer the matter to FIDREC, we will let them handle the matter.

I believe that my colleagues have stated our position on this matter. I think that they have acted fairly. They will not be able to engage in a further debate with you on this matter. Please accept our position as final.

No comments:

Blog Archive