An insurance company (not NTUC Income) sold a single premium product that pays an annual return of 4.9%. According to their advertisement, they will return 100% of the capital at the end of 7 years. There is a footnote that "terms and condition applies".
A financial expert who analysed this product told me that there is a risk that the investor may lose 100% of the capital invested, if 21 of the 120 investments failed.
Many of the investors may not be aware about this risk. If this event occur, they can lose their entire capital. If they invest $100,000, they may have to lose all of $100,000. Although the probably it low, it can be quite frightening.
Apparently, the agents who sold this product did not highlight this risk to the clients.
I advise investors who have bought this product to seek clarification from the insurance company.
- ► 2013 (309)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
08/06 - 08/13
- Guide to Incomeshield
- Agents keen to join NTUC Income
- Collect the Logic9 gift from our business center
- Investor wants indexed fund with even lower charge...
- Pay by GIRO to reduce the handling cost
- We will honour claims for enhanced Incomeshield du...
- Past performance is not an indication of future pe...
- Views about expense ratio and return on funds
- AA-rating: what is the difference?
- JetStar Asia
- NTUC Income ILP Funds perform better than other fu...
- Customer wants to buy an additional annuity
- Logic9 pocketbooks sell very well
- Greetings for the 41st National Day
- You can lose your entire capital in this structure...
- FAQ: Life Annuity
- Policyholder decided to keep the Growth policies
- Reply to Lim Yan Beng: It is better to invest in a...
- Crazy Horse Paris
- Customer ask for advice about Writing A Will
- Immediate response service for motorists
- Dispute over liability in third party claim
- 19 qualified agents want to migrate to NTUC Income...
- Flexi Cash earned 3.5%
- Advice for a retiree on investing the savings
- Our projection are conservative!
- SMS to notify our policyholders about the repair t...
- ▼ 08/06 - 08/13 (27)
- ► 2005 (159)