- They make it difficult for the customer to locate their contact center or even to send in an e-mail inquiry.
- Their feedback form ask for many unnecessary information which failed to pass their through validation checks (aka roadblocks).
- When they reply (and it can take days), they send you a webpage of irrelevant information for the customer to search through their maze. Often, the customer has to go through a few mazes to get the answer (and don't be suprised that they get the wrong answer).
- The customers are often confused and need to get to the call center for guidance
- If the customer manage to get to their call center (which is clearly discouraged), the customer has to go through a maze of irrelevant messages (press 1 for this and 2 for that).
I recommend all large organisations and government agencies in Singapore to study the customer support system adopted by Dropbox. Read here.
Tan Kin Lian