Saturday, August 08, 2020

Ridiculous process to go paperless in SingTel

SingTel want to encourge its business customers to opt for paperless statements. They will impose a charge of $2.14 for each monthly statement that is sent by paper.

I went into their website to register for paperless statements. This is the page that I have to complete.

The form to sign in for paperless statment is ridiculous. It is so complicated. I have to sign in with the Admin user for my company.

Wisdom of the Crowd - You can vote on the following issues.

WOTC - Performance of Singapore Democratic Party

 Wisdom of the Crowd: 52% of the respondents were disappointed that the Singapore Democratic Party failed to win a single seat. 36% said that they performed well and increased their vote share.

WOTC - Performance of People Voice Party

 Wisdom of the Crowd: 56% of the respondents were disappointed with the performance and the results obtained by the People Voice Party. The encourage the party to persevere.

Positive responses to challenges in a mock AGM

I wish to share my experience about how to be positive and helpful. I am grateful for the people who responded in this helpful manner.

Friday, August 07, 2020

Learn from mistakes - do not be defensive

When something goes wrong, the reaction of most people is defensive. They immediately look for evidence to prove that it is not their fault.

I prefer to take a different approach.

WOTC - Performance of Progress Singapore Party

Wisdom of the Crowd: 72% of the respondents have a positive view of the performance of the Progress Singapore Party during GE2020.

WOTC - Performance of worker's party

Wisdom of the Crowd: 95% of the respondents have a positive view of the performance of the Workers' Party during GE2020.

Wisdom of the Crowd - New Issues

1. Which minister has the poorest performance?
2. Which minister has the best performance?

Vote in

Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Positive response to feedback

I show this example of how Zoom respond to customers. I hope that our ministers, civil servants and businesses in Singapore have a similar positive approach towards feedback from the public and customers.

In contrast, I have submitted suggestions to government agencies. They did not reply for several weeks. After than, nothing was done in ten years.

Closing the border is not sensible

Singapore close our borders to reduce the imported cases of covid infections. This is not a sensible approach. It destroys our tourism industry.

Monday, August 03, 2020

A stock market downturn allows you to invest your spare cash

I had a conversation with a Singaporean who is now living in Australia. He was previously an oil trader and is now "retired".
During the stock market downturn, he increased his investment in shares and made a good profit.
He said - I have some spare cash and I took advantage of the crash to increase my holdings. My past experience in oil trading was an advantage.
He asked my views whether he should increase his investment in shares, using some of his uninvested cash.
The market has started to drop again, so he was not sure. Hello - I thought he was an oil trader?

Here is my reply

NASA project outsourced to SpaceX

I saw this article with great interest. NASA is the US government agency. Instead of managing the project on its own, it decided to outsource the project to SpaceX, which is a private company.

Sunday, August 02, 2020

WOTC - reduce full time NS service to 6 months

Wisdom of the Crowd: 44% of the respondents believed that it would required more than 6 months to train a NS man in military matters. The other 56% believe that those who opposed the reduction in the duration of full time NS training had selfish reasons.

WOTC - Increase population to 10 million

Wisdom of the Crowd: 97% of the respondents are convinced that the PAP government was seriously in favor of increasing the population to 10 million, even though they denied it.

Wisdom of the Crowd - New Issues

1. Should incoming visitors be placed on quarantine to stop the spread of the virus?

Vote in

Imported corona cases - in perspective

There is a daily report about the number of imported cases. It is usually a handful, but it does seem to be a large number relative to the local cases.

This may give the impression that the infection rate overseas is high, and the infected rate is low in Singapore.

It is a wrong conclusion.

Blog Archive