Saturday, November 12, 2022

WOTC - Business mail

 Wisdom of the Crowd: 55 % of respondents prefer to register their mailing address in a platform to receive all business mail sent in PDF to this virtual address. 45% prefer to receive the physical mail sent to their home.

Friday, November 11, 2022

My investment in Country Garden (2007.HK)

 The turnaround in the stock price of Country Garden (2007.HK) turned my loss of $61,705 SGD to a net gain of $43,620 SGD.

WOTC - US dollar

 Wisdom of the Crowd: 64 % of the respondents said that the US dollar is like a ponzi scheme because it pays a high return by printing more useless money.

Thursday, November 10, 2022

The Seven Years of China and the United States

 Thomas Friedman, a famous columnist of the New York Times, wrote an article titled "The Seven Years of China and the United States". It was published in The New York Times and shocked the White House !

Voting in America

 The democratic process in America is quite backward and shameful.

The voting was closed more than 24 hours ago, and they have still not completed the vote counting in many districts.

With modern technology, it should be possible to count the votes automatically and transmit the results for aggregation within 1 hour of closing of polling station.

Some states refused to upgrade their vote counting process, so that they can continue to "control" the voting results. No wonder Donald Trump complained that there is cheating.

I do not agree with Donald Trump, but I do not agree with the outdated and inefficient process either.

Wisdom of the Crowd - New Issues

1. Should social media platforms be required to take down harmful content?
2. Who should decide on what is harmful content on social media?

Vote in

WOTC - Surge pricing

 Wisdom of the Crowd: 56% of the respondents said that surge pricing for ride hailing is a bad practice, because it encourages the drivers to take advantage of the system to push up the price of rides.

Wednesday, November 09, 2022

Pay to send out message

 If Twitter charges the sender 0.1 cent for each message sent to their fans, it will be a cheap way for politicians, entertainers and public figures to send their message to their followers. It also ensures that the messages are serious and genuine.

WOTC - Former president Hu

 Wisdom of the Crowd: 60% of the respondents said that former President Hu was sick and assisted out of the CPC Congress. The other 40% said that President Xi want to show that he was removed from power.

Tuesday, November 08, 2022

WOTC - Different factions in a leadership

 Wisdom of the Crowd: 64 % of respondents said that it is bad for the leaders in China to come from different factions as it will lead to infighting and politicking, and will be bad for the country.

Monday, November 07, 2022

Call someone by phone

 Be considerate when you call someone by phone.

Sunday, November 06, 2022

Wisdom of the Crowd - New Issues

1. Who is likely to be the next prime minister in Malaysia
2. Which political coalition is likely to win the most seats in Malaysia GE15

Vote in

WOTC: Promotions in e-commerce websites

Wisdom of the Crowd: 100 % of the respondents prefer to have lower prices, instead of many coins, points and other promotions when they shop at e-commerce websites.

Blog Archive