Friday, September 09, 2022

Skyrocketing HDB flat prices

33 HDB flats were sold in August 2022 for more than $1 million.
This is a classic panic situation.
This is how a bubble builds up.
It can happen to any market.
The HDB property market is just one of them.
There are more than 1 million HDB flats in Singapore.
There should be more than 100,000 owners of flats in the category that are being sold for over $1 million.
With rising prices, most of the owners prefer to wait and see the prices go up further.
Only 33 were willing to cash out.
There must be several hundred buyers who are willing to pay more than $1 million.
Suppose 500 owners decided that they better cash out in this hot market.
The price will drop below $1 million.
This should also happen when the govt decides to increase the supply of HDB flats.
The era of million dollar flats may be temporary, or transitory.
With rising prices, most of the owners prefer to wait and see the prices go up further.

Tan kin Lian

Thursday, September 08, 2022

Rebound of the US stock market

 The US stock markets is depressed. The economy is in trouble and inflation is high. Incomes have dropped and cost of living is high.

Against this backdrop, the US stock market rebounded last night. The investors bought shares because of a small dip in the bond yields.

The real reason, TKL suspects, is that there is too much money lying around. The US govt printed a lot of money. The money has to be invested somewhere.

Many investors are waiting to buy stocks at depressed prices. There is an oversupply of money that needs to be invested.

What will happen from here? Nobody knows. It could be a "dead cat bounce" and the stock market will plummet again. It could also be a recovery.

My financial crystal ball ECB is also confused. He said - Boss, the stock market may crash, but may also recover.

What kind of rubbish expert is ECB?

Tan Kin Lian

Wednesday, September 07, 2022

Wisdom of the Crowd - New Issues

1. Why does China continue its covid zero policy?
2. Who is likely to win the next general election in Malaysia?
3. Will former PM Najib receive a pardon?

Vote in

Tuesday, September 06, 2022

WOTC - PAP at next GE

 Wisdom of the Crowd: 100% of the respondents said that the PAP will lose votes and seats at the next general election (Shhh. Only 12 people voted).

Monday, September 05, 2022

BTO flats in Ang Mo Kio

 Did HDB make a profit on selling the BTO flats in Ang Mo Kio?

TKL shares his insignificant view here.

Wisdom of the Crowd - New Issues

1. Should the minister use POFMA actively
2. Is inflation hitting the people badly?
3. Should the govt reduce GST and tax, to moderate the price increases?

Vote in

WOTC - George Yeo

 Wisdom of the Crowd: 13% of the respondents said that George Yeo will be President of Singapore. The other 87% said that he will not play any role in the government.

Move from Lazada to Shopee

 I will give up Lazada and move to Shopee for my online purchase. Here are my reasons.

Sunday, September 04, 2022

Evaluating risk

 I want to give this message to people who are paranoid about an unzipped bag or someone who forgot to wear a mask.

Two transit cards in Singapore

 Two transit cards in Singapore - confusing and wasteful.

WOTC - PM Lee's speech at ND Rally

 Wisdom of the Crowd: 88% of the respondents have a negative opinion about PM Lee's speech at the National Day Rally.

Blog Archive