Monday, April 24, 2006

I repaired my new car at a quality workshop

I bought a new Mercedes E240 three months ago.

Someone knocked into my car at the car park. It damaged the door. He volunteered to pay for the repair under a private settlement.

I sent it for repair at our quality workshop. It cost $1,400 to change the front passenger door and paint work the side mirror. If my car were to be sent to the distributor, it would have cost $2,700 for the same scope of work.

Although the other party is paying for the repair, I did not send my car to the distributor.

I am not worried about the potential loss of warranty. I think that the distributor cannot enforce it.

1 comment:

Victor Foo said...

Indeed, the distributor cannot enforce the ' potential loss of warranty '.

But I will certainly not bet on an uncertain outcome, especially for a brand new car and more importantly, of no fault from me.

This is in spite of me knowing that the distributor will definitely profit from the repair work.

Blog Archive