Sunday, July 09, 2006

Elderly are active at work

I stayed at a resort hotel outside of Munich to attend the World Cup match.

On my arrival, an elderly German (who looked nearly 70) helped me to carry my luggage to my room. He looked fit and strong.

Over the next few days, I met a few elderly persons working in the hotel. They include the night front desk attendant and the health center attendent. The elderly attendants was quite prominent - always attentive, always helpful, always cheerful.

The hotel also had younger employees dressed in the attractive Bavarian costumes.

Germany has a way of keeping their elderly people active at work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr Tan, I came to your blog at the recommendation of Mr Wang, the blogger. I am glad I did. For a CEO to explain and respond to customer/reader queries in a fine balance of professionalism and candidness, you are years ahead of your contemporaries.

Thank you, I will be sure to re-visit your blog regularly.

Blog Archive