Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Insurance for a baby

Dear Mr. Tan,
I am planing to buy insurance for my baby. There are so many plans in themarket and I am so confused.

My baby is 16 month old. I want to buy insurance to cover critical illness and provide investment return and saving, to be withdrawn at the age of 19. If I return to China earlier, can we withdraw all of the money with interest?

REPLY
I suggest that you buy MediShield plan to cover medical expenses for your baby. It covers the cost of treatment for critical illness as well.

You should save for the baby in a low cost diversified investment fund. You can withdraw your savings at any time, based on the market value of the investments, without suffering any penalty. Read this FAQ:
http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/savings.html

No comments:

Blog Archive