Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Renewal of Motor Insurance

A few people found their motor insurance premium increased by 20% or more, on the renewal of the insurance this year. They did not make any claim during the past year. The increase was due to the escalating claim cost faced by the industry and the poor management of these claims.

They asked my advice on how to get a lower premium rate. I asked them to get a quote from the hotlines of the insurance companies shown in this FAQ:
http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/motord.html

A few consumers have found that India International (Tel: 6347 6100 Fax: 6225 7743) to offer the most attractive quote.

A few months ago, I visited their office to renew the motor insurance for my wife's car. I found their service to be satisfactory. The office environment is friendly. I asked about their claim procedure and was satisfied with it. The premium rate is almost 20% lower than the rate quoted by my existing insurer.

If you like to try, you can send a fax to India International for a quote. If the quote is competitive, you can visit their office and talk to the employee, before you decide to make a switch. You can send your feedback to me.

3 comments:

nhyone said...

China Insurance, HSBC Insurance, India International, Tenet Insurance and Tokio Marine decline to give quotation for 2-door cars.

AIG, AXA Insurance, and NTUC do.

No answer from Mitsui.

nhyone said...

I need to make a correction: it's 2-door high performance/sports cars, not all 2-door cars.

I am curious if they would insure the 2-door 660cc turbo-charged Copen or not.

sail.marina.bay said...

India International quote me 900+
ntuc with loyalty 700+

Blog Archive