Tuesday, March 10, 2009

SCMP: Former finance chief willing to testify about Lehman fiasco

9 Mar 2009
Former secretary for financial services and the treasury Frederick Ma Si-hang yesterday said he was willing to testify in the Legislative Council about the Lehman Brothers minibonds fiasco, but refused to comment on the proceedings so far. "You all know that I have always been very co-operative with Legco," said Mr Ma, who also served as secretary for commerce and economic development before he resigned for health reasons. "But since I am no longer an official, I do not have access to all the records {hellip} If I go, it will just be me and my brain." His successor, Chan Ka-keung, has told Legco that he did not know what a minibond was until the fiasco. Mr Ma refused to reveal how much he knew about minibonds, saying: "You will have to wait for the Legco hearing."

No comments:

Blog Archive