Monday, November 05, 2012

Blank cheque motor insurance


... I received a letter from my insurer
informing me about the other car driver's application
to claim the cost of his repairs from my insurance.
 
His repairs... cost $3,500,
which was double what I paid to repair the damage to my car.
 
Are there any regulatory bodies guarding consumer rights
when a car owner uses these workshops?
 
It seems to me that they may quote high prices
when they know the owner is likely to claim from the other party's insurer.
 
Online
 

1 comment:

Tan Kin Lian said...

The General Insurance Association has replied to this letter - stating the motorists are required by their "regulation" to report their claims to the other motorist or his insurer.

I have sent a reply to this letter and the Straits Times said that they will publish my reply.

Blog Archive